Frazzled and no time for a home cooked meal? Think again. This 10 minute, one pan wonder recipe is ready in less time thank it takes to peruse your takeout menu options. Healthy, light, and totally customizable, this recipe will quickly prove its worth on both busy weeknights and last minute dinner parties alike.
By Elizabeth Palmer Califano
Serves 1 (easily doubled)
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small handful cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- Grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, to serve
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add the zucchini, garlic, olive oil, and tomatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Let thins cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring often, until the zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Add the lemon juice and parmesan cheese, and turn off the heat. Toss everything well to combine, and season to taste with more lemon, salt, pepper, or parmesan if needed.
- Sprinkle over some fresh torn basil, and dig in!
Add-Ons: Chickpeas, shredded chicken, hemp hearts, grilled shrimp, crumbled tofu, red pepper flakes, peas, corn, sautéed mushrooms, white beans, mozzarella balls.