Happy wedding season! June is the most popular time of year for brides, perhaps because this summer-welcoming month is named after Juno, the Roman goddess of love and marriage. To kick things off, we teamed up with Ivette Manners, bridal writer and editor of the soon-to-launch blog BridesStyle.com to bring you a week of trends and ideas for your Big Day!
First up: The Best Non-traditional Wedding Dresses
Ivette Manners of Bridesstyle.com
You’re a modern bride in every way—your BFF is officiating, your having a knot-tying ceremony, and you’re serving individual wedding cakes. So why go for the traditional strapless princess gown? Here’s our pick of 10 gorgeous unconventional wedding dresses to flaunt your personal style in.
1. This Moonlight Collection two-piece dress with a lace caplet and flowing chiffon skirt is perfect for a countryside soiree.
2. Glam up your city hall nuptials in this Galina short-and-sweet tulle dress.
3. The deep V-neck and regal cape aren’t what make this Galia Lahav dress fabulous, it’s the sheer back with just enough fabric to conceal that booty.
4. This Houghton Bride chiffon slip dress with stones, crystals, and fringe is pure bohemian chic.
5. Jenny Lee’s embroidered black tulle over white organza dress is pretty with a bit of an edge.
6. This Hayley Paige tulle sheath dress is a little bit JLO, but make it all you and rock it!
7. This Claire Pettibone embroidered tulle and satin dress is all about the black tulle train. Don’t forget the black cowboy hat!
8. The side cutouts make this Monique Lhuillier ladylike tea-length lace and silk dress a little more risqué.
9. This Theia two-piece dress features a crop top and a butterfly-embroidered organza ball skirt with pockets. Enough said.
10. The flame motif makes this sheer tulle Tony Ward dress smokin’ hot.