Sweet, bright, and beautifully colored, blood oranges are a real treat this time of year. When used in a cocktail, they lend a gorgeous jewel-toned hue that’ll brighten up any occasion. Easily doubled for a crowd, this blood orange fizz is sure to be your new go to favorite cocktail.
By Elizabeth Palmer Califano
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 blood orange, juiced, plus extra orange to garnish, if desired
- 2 shots vodka or gin
- 1 tablespoon runny honey (optional)
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Tonic water or sparkling water, to serve
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the blood orange juice, vodka or gin, honey (if using), and bitters. Shake well until mixed and chilled.
- Pour the cocktail into two glasses filled with ice, and top up each glass with tonic or sparkling water to the brim.
- Garnish with wedges of blood orange, if desired. Enjoy!