This quick and simple DIY pumpkin vase is the perfect way to recycle those Halloween pumpkins!
Follow the directions below, and you’ll have a beautiful and colorful pumpkin vase in no time!
By Elizabeth Palmer Starnes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium/small pumpkin
- 1 glass vase to fit inside your pumpkin
- Mixed flowers (try hydrangeas, mums, sunflowers, and other colorful seasonal blooms)
- 1 serrated paring knife (to carve the pumpkin) and scissors to trim the flowers
- Cut a circle in the top of your pumpkin, large enough to put your vase inside, but no bigger. Scoop out all the seeds and pulp from your pumpkin, and insert the vase.
- Fill the vase with water, and arrange your flowers inside, packing them tightly enough that you don’t see the edge of the vase or pumpkin. Show it off and enjoy!