These icy fruity cocktail cubes are just the thing to elevate all your summer cocktails and give them an extra punch of color and flavor. Make up any variety you like, and add them to cocktails, champagne, or even a pitcher of plain water for a hydrating sip to cool you down. These cubes will keep your drinks cool on even the hottest summer day, and ensure they don’t get watered down. For the upcoming Fourth of July celebrations, try a red-white-and-blue theme with blueberries, cherries, and coconut water. Delicious!
By Elizabeth Palmer Califano
- Using a large silicone ice cube tray (or a regular one- that’ll work too!), fill each cube ½ way up with your liquid, then add the other ingredients, then fill to the top with liquid.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours until solid. When ready to use, drop them into your glass, and enjoy!
- Watermelon juice, chopped basil, and lime wedges- delicious and refreshing with vodka and a splash of sparkling water
- Pineapple juice, jalapeno slices, and lime wedges- just add tequila for an instant margarita on the rocks!
- Coconut water, blueberries, and cherries –perfect for a patriotic cocktail
- Orange juice and orange segments- drop a few into champagne for an easy mimosa
- Grapefruit juice, lime wedges, and a few shakes of bitters- just add gin for an instant Greyhound
- Tomato juice, horseradish, and cucumber slices- add vodka and a celery stalk for an instant Bloody Mary
- Lemonade, mint leaves, and lemon wedges- perfect for adding a kick of flavor to plain sparkling water