Mother’s Day, graduations, it’s almost summer—anytime is the right time for a sweet and frosty margarita. This version uses a whole lemon (or lime or orange) for a zesty kick, and fresh ginger for heat and spice. Toss all the ingredients in your blender, and you’ve got a delicious cocktail faster than you can say “fiesta!”
By Elizabeth Palmer Califano
Serves 2 (easily doubled)
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 whole lemon, cut into quarters (or use a lime or an orange if you prefer)
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon agave (optional)
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec orange liquor
- 3 or 4 ice cubes
- Salt or sugar for garnish, and extra lemon wheels to serve
- In a high speed blender, add the lemon quarters, ginger, agave, tequila, and triple sec. Blend on high speed until the lemon and ginger are totally pulverized.
- Add the ice cubes, and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can pour the mix over ice to serve.
- Rim the edges of your glasses with sugar or salt if using, and garnish each margarita with a lemon wheel. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe also makes a healthy virgin drink. Just replace the alcohol with the same amount of water for a zesty healthy beverage that’s perfect for sipping on a hot day.