This shortcut version of the classic salmon blini appetizer couldn’t be quicker or simpler. In less than ten minutes, you’ll have an elegant and delicious bite to enjoy with cocktails, perfect for all your holiday entertaining! Potato chips have never looked so fancy. For a more elevated option, top each of these crisps with a dollop of caviar.
By Elizabeth Palmer Starnes
Makes 12 crisps
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 12 flat potato chips
- 12 small pieces of smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- Capers, chopped scallions, black pepper, and lemon zest, to serve
- Set the chips out on a serving platter, and top each with a piece of smoked salmon.
- Distribute the sour cream evenly between the chips, putting a small dollop on each one.
- Top each chip with a few capers, a sprinkling of scallions and black pepper, and a bit of lemon zest if desired.
Note: Serve these promptly, as they can get soggy if left out too long.