This quick and easy asparagus tart celebrates spring with its bright, lemony flavors & fresh seasonal produce. You’ll have everyone fooled when you serve this impressive looking dish. Its deceptively simple and easy to make with just a few ingredients, yet the results are company-worthy, and perfect for your Easter celebrations!
By Elizabeth Palmer Califano
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 bunch of thin spring asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs or micro-greens to serve (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and roll your puff pastry out on top of it.
- Arrange the asparagus in an even layer over the puff pastry sheet, trying not to overlap them.
- Drizzle the whole tart with the olive oil, and sprinkle over the lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake the tart for 15-20 minutes, until slightly golden and puffed.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425, sprinkle the goat cheese evenly over the tart, and bake for another 3-5 minutes. The cheese should be slightly softened and the tart crust a golden brown. Sprinkle with herbs or micro-greens if desired, and enjoy!