This frosty, boozy treat is just the thing to keep you cool through the dog days of summer. Like your favorite childhood slushy, but with a grownup twist, this recipe blends frozen rosé wine with strawberries for the ultimate in cool cocktails. Blend up a big batch for your Labor Day Weekend celebrations- you’ll be the hit of the party!
By Elizabeth Palmer Califano
Total Time: 10 Minutes (6 hours to freeze the wine)
- 1 ice cube tray full of rose (most trays hold about ¾ of a normal size bottle)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries (substitute raspberries if desired)
- 4 tablespoons simple syrup (optional, more or less to taste)
- 1-2 ice cubes, if needed
- Freeze the ice cube tray of rosé for 6 hours or overnight. It won’t freeze solid, but it should be hard on top and slushy underneath.
- In a blender, add the frozen strawberries and simple syrup, and blend until smooth.
- Scoop in the frozen rosé, and blend until just combined. If the mix still looks thin, add 1-2 ice cubes as needed.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!