If you’re looking for a quick, healthy, and satisfying breakfast, the antidote to your afternoon slump, or a protein packed post-workout snack, look no further than this yummy smoothie. Super healthy greens give this smoothie its gorgeous green color, but the flavor comes from sweet frozen banana, creamy nut butter, and zingy ginger. Feel free to throw in your favorite fruit, fresh or frozen, to sweeten it up. For a fun brunch option, make up a few batches and serve them in a pitcher.
By Elizabeth Palmer Califano
Serves 1 (easily doubled)
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup baby spinach (organic if possible)
- ½ cup kale
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or the milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (try almond, sunflower, peanut, or cashew)
- 1 small piece of peeled ginger (optional)
- 2 tablespoons hemp or chia seeds
- Ice or water as needed for your texture preference
- Garnish with mint (optional)
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients until smooth. Add more milk or water if needed to thin it out, or add some ice to thicken it up.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep in the fridge for up to 24 hours. It will start to separate, so just stir it up!