This pasta salad is the perfect addition to any summer fiesta. It tastes deceptively decadent, but it’s also bathing suit-friendly. Make up a big batch, or double it for a large crowd, and pair it with all your favorite summer grilling recipes. It also keeps well in the fridge overnight; perfect for making in advance so you can enjoy the party.
By Elizabeth Palmer Califano
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bag quinoa or brown rice pasta (Trader Joes and Whole Foods sell some great options)
- ¾ cup Vegenaise (or your favorite vegan mayo)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (more or less to taste- optional)
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Micro-greens and avocado slices, to serve (optional)
- Cook the pasta per package instructions, and drain. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Vegenaise, lime juice, cumin, hot sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Season to taste with more lime juice or spices as needed.
- While the pasta is still slightly warm, toss in the beans, corn, and tomatoes, and pour over ¾ of the dressing. Toss well to combine. Season to taste as needed.
- To serve, drizzle the remaining dressing over the plated pasta, and top with micro-greens and avocado, if using. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Note: If you’re not concerned with keeping this recipe vegan or gluten free, you can swap in regular pasta and mayonnaise- it’ll taste just as delicious!